Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

Happy 2012! I hope everyone started off the New Year on a good note. NYE was my last weekend before returning to work from the holiday break. I spent a couple days leading up to it engaging in some overdue heavy cleaning. I also organized my bedroom closet for the first time since I have lived here - yikes. It looks 100% better though.

I went to dinner with Josh and two of his friends on NYE at Outback and later to a concert. The next day we hiked around a state park on the side of a mountain in Tennessee.

Below I've posted some of my favorite pictures that were taken with my Droid phone and stored on it from the end of December 2011. :)

Best deal of December: Chick-fil-a Grilled Nuggets Kids' Meal with a bonus cow watch that's so cute and fun... lunch and watch for less than $4.00.


Beautiful paddle boat that resides on the Tennessee River in Chattanooga.


My Christmas tree shining from the window on my porch.

I got it! Santa (Josh) delivered a Cuisinart frozen yogurt machine the week before Christmas.


I transformed a Charlie Brown tree into an artsy Christmas tree for our countertop at work. It was easy - a dead tree limb, silver spray paint, an old extra large can, a string of pearl garland and some Dollar Tree shimmery snowflake ornaments.


My mom's pretty mantel all decked out on Christmas morning. Santa came to visit and stuffed our stockings 'til they were splitting at the seams. The same with my parent's tree below. Obviously, we were all good this year. ;)



I love this shimmery lamp that my mom got me for my bedroom. My favorite lamp kicked the bucket this Summer, and I've never replaced it. Santa also spoiled me with new red Cuisinart cookware, a personal laminating machine, a new Coach black patent leather bag, pearl bracelet with my initial, rolling pin, personalized stationery and some cake cartridges for my Cricut Cake Machine.


Snowman S'mores are so sweet. I made these little stocking stuffers for friends. Peeps Marshmallow Snowmen, resting on a Hershey bar square on a graham cracker...all tied up with coordinating snowmen ribbon.


Stocking Stuffers. Snowman Sanitizers to keep winter cold and flu germs at bay.
(Made with my Cricut machine and outdoor vinyl.)


Being exposed to new music, The Features concert NYE.

Andrew, my childood friend's baby boy, was born on the afternoon of December 29, 2011. :)



Poor Kansas! My family's 5-year-old beagle has spent the holidays very sick with stomach issues and acute pancreatis. They are pretty certain it is caused from her favorite chicken treats by manufactured by Waggin' Train in China and packaged in the U.S. If you have a pet, you must be aware of this (as this is her 2nd bout with this in less than a year): http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/chicken-jerky-treats/.






No comments:

Post a Comment