Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's My Birthday!

This past weekend was my birthday weekend and a good one!

My birthday fell on Thursday. My co-workers brought in an assortment of Hello There Cupcake! cupcakes. I had the gingerbread cupcake, one of their holiday flavors. It was yum-o.

Another very nice surprise was that Josh was able to take couple days off from work at the station to drive down Friday. He took me to dinner at my favorite, Carrabba's. I love their white sangria, and as an added bonus they had e-mailed a birthday certificate for a complimentary dessert of my choice. They were out of almost every dessert on the menu, but on the waiter's recommendation we tried their winter special: a homemade brioche chocolate bread pudding. It was different and tasty - though not something I would likely order again.

Afterwards we drove through the "Light More Homes" Chick-fil-A Christmas lights- 45,000 lights. We attempted to snap a quick pic with my cell phone which turned out rather goofy!

He had asked what I wanted to do Saturday, and I told him I wanted a relaxing day for my first weekend without HW and other assignments. I had said it would be fun to watch some of the classic holiday specials I enjoyed as a kid. He came prepared with the best ones: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Mickey's Christmas Carol, etc. In addition to Christmas classics Saturday, we made gourmet monterey jack cheese hotdogs, cheese fries and s'mores. I really wanted that crunchy, toasted marshmallow texture in the s'mores, which meant I had to use a pillar candle to roast the marshmallows on my patio which he found terribly amusing!




No comments:

Post a Comment