Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Few Pictures to Sum Up My Week

A week in photos.
I discovered a new yummy (healthy) treat this week. I like Greek Yogurt, but I'd never seen coconut Greek yogurt before until a recent trip to the grocery. It was extra good with a few blackberries (that were on sale at Kroger) on top ... almost as good as La' Berry.


Friday afternoon I kept Kansas for my mom. She kept looking at me pitifully while I was in the kitchen, because she is not liking her very strict prescription dog food diet.


I've started watching the DVDs of the first season of Downton Abbey this weekend. I read a review in a magazine over the holidays about this new British series (a new season begins this month on PBS), and it looked liked something I would take to watching. It's weird because I've not followed a TV series in some time with school work having taking precedence over everything. I feel like I'm crawling out of a pop culture coma.


I have heard great things about the resident sushi chef at the Kroger closest to my house. Every time I go out for sushi, it always seems to add up so fast. I picked up 2 packages of generous sized rolls tonight: Hawaiian on the left and Rainbow on the right. I ate my sushi (which cost me a grand total of $15 for all of what's pictured above) and watched some Downton Abbey and Something Borrowed for a quiet evening at home. I was up early for a work meeting, and I was in need of some down time.


The first batch of cupcakes I've baked in I-don't-know-when, chocolate devil's foodcake with a rather tasty icing: Bailey's Irish Cream Buttercream Icing. These were to celebrate my boss' birthday at the office Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment