Friday, August 24, 2012

Soooo, here I am on the eve of my BIG move to my first house. I am bidding adieu to the renting lifestyle after living and working in a college town and moving back to my hometown. I am still working in higher ed administration, but I've finished my Master's Degree and it's a good time to feel a little more settled.

I've loved my apartment for the past year and especially will miss having access to the two large swimming pools. And I'll miss not keeping up with weekly "trash day," because apartment living afforded me "as needed" dumpster drops as I was heading out to work. I hate messing with trash. (In a perfect world we'd all have a magic garbage chute that would make our disposables disappear into thin air without smelling, piling up or taking over the planet.)

All of my furniture and boxes are packed and ready to move this weekend. My new home is the perfect size for me. It is around 1,800 square feet with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, family room, formal living room, dining room, eat-in kitchen, separate laundry room, front porch, back patio, covered carport with storage room on a shady lot that's just under an acre with a fenced backyard and storage house.

Here are are just a few shots of the house...that I cannot wait to start painting and decorating:


No comments:

Post a Comment