Monday, April 5, 2010

Turner Field, It is. (Eeeek!)

I have not been able to find a Turner Field cake online. So I am willing to attempt it...baby steps. I may only be able to create it in "abstract" terms -- unlike the Ace of Cakes episode where they did one of the Cali baseball stadiums -- down to the exact number of seats in it. For a first try, I am shooting for the outline of the field/stadium and a few landmarks, like the signs...maybe even the Welcome to the Bigs restaurant if I am feeling adventurous...well, we'll see. I am pretty open to let the creativity control the concept, since it typically works.

Eeeeee! I am excited to try! And it'll be a cool birthday cake for my dad since I was already thinking baseball and Braves.

Here is a sketch I am working on to make a pattern for the Braves outfield sign. Two glasses of Moscada (been saving this bottle forever) and the JM Trio in (Another Kind of Green is fitting with a baseball diamond, right???) -- so anyway it could probably be much cleaner...but I am enjoying myself right now -- not thinking about HW or papers or projects (just found out I got a 100 on my project a couple weeks ago that was stressing me out!).

I must also mention that the Braves had an awesome season opener tonight at Turner Field versus the Cubs...just saying. Go Braves!


No comments:

Post a Comment